The State of Tech - Episode 8 - "Ed Tech Predictions for 2012"
Summary: In this episode we talk about our predictions for Educational Technology in 2012.
Watch Video Episode Online:
Listen to Audio Episode Online:
Subscribe to Video Podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/tsot-video
Subscribe to Audio Podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/tsot-audio
Download Episode 8 Video: Download
Download Episode 8 Audio: Download
Show Notes (click "Read more" to see full show notes if they are not already displayed below.)
- Sean Beavers - email@example.com
- Eric Curts - www.ericcurts.com
- Eric Griffith - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sean: AirTodo - (99 Cents) Task list for iPhone and iPod Touch. Syncs with Google tasks. Excellent UI. (link), and Handoff - (99 Cents) Universal app for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. Send web links to your iOS device. Similar to Chrome to Phone. iPhone/iPod Touch version: (link)
- Eric C: Android App - Tiny Flashlight + LED - (link)
- Eric G: Voxer walkie Talkie App - Works on both Android and iOS. (link)
- iPad 3 with Retina display release by Apple in Q1 of 2012. Improved rear facing camera.
- Google+ will be made available to K-12 with granular control over sharing and individual features.
- Google enables offline document creation, as well as the ability to create calendar appointments offline.
- Eric C:
- By the end of 2012, there will be a solid quality, easily available, $100 Android tablet. This will lead to much greater adoption by schools. At that time sales of new Android tablets will pass sales of new iPads.
- Google will roll out the much rumored G-Drive which will allow for automatic syncing of files between your computer and Google Apps. Google will increase free file storage to 25 GB.
- Traditional touch-sensitive Interactive Whiteboards will decline in sales, as they are replaced by other IWB options, specifically (1) those that use a specialized pen, and (2) tablets linked to projectors.
- Eric G:
- iOS devices will be the dominate tablet for the classroom.
- Bring on the BYOT!
- Netflix will dominate all other paid streaming services and will be integrated into cars. Plus... Netflix EDU.
- January 14th: Interactive Whiteboards Part 1 - Comparing Systems
- January 28th: Interactive Whiteboards Part 2 - Best Educational Uses
- Survey is still open: http://tinyurl.com/stateoftech-009-survey