The State of Tech - Episode 19 - "Students Teaching Tech"
Summary: In this episode we share one of the sessions from our "PD in your PJs" online conference. This session explores eKIDs, a program offered to Oak Hills students that aims to develop their interests in technology as well as support their peers and staff in the use of technology at an instructional level.
Watch Video Episode Online:
Listen to Audio Episode Online: MP3 link
Show Notes (click "Read more" to see full show notes if they are not already displayed below.)
- Sean Beavers - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eric Curts - www.ericcurts.com
- Eric Griffith - email@example.com
Main Topic: Students Teaching Tech
- Zachary Vander Veen - http://misterv.net/
- Session information from "PD in your PJs" online conference - http://pd.thestateoftech.org/schedule/ekids
- Oak Hills School District - http://ohlsd.us/elearning/
- Article on eKIDS program - http://www.edtechmagazine.com/k12/article/2011/11/kid-power
- GenYES Curriculum http://genyes.org/
Awesome Thing of the Week
- Sean: Inklewriter. Free web application for creating choose your own adventure stories. Link
- Eric C: Geogebra - Web-based interactive geometry tools - Link
- Eric G: Google Tip - Turn a GMail Message into a Google Tasks of Google Doc - Link
- July 29 - More select sessions from the "PD in your PJ’s Online Conference"