Summary: In this episode we talk about the best of the Ohio Educational Technology Conference for 2013.
Watch Video Episode Online:
Listen to Audio Episode Online: MP3 link
Show Notes (click "Read more" to see full show notes if they are not already displayed below.)
- Sean Beavers- email@example.com
- Eric Curts - www.ericcurts.com
- Eric Griffith - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bloomin' iPads (Bloom's Taxonomy)
- Bill Mooney, Jessica Burley ITSCO
- Variety of apps to support the different levels of Bloom’s Taxonomy
- Used the story of Goldilocks to illustrate the different levels of Bloom’s:
- Remember: describe the setting of the Goldilocks story
- Understand: Summarize what the Goldilocks story is about
- Create: Compose an app to convey the Goldilocks story in a new form
- TouchAppCreator - Link - Create web applications including images, video, audio recordings, music, files from Dropbox or Google Drive, even image galleries. Upload to Google Drive. Create icon on the iOS device home screen.
- Dojo - The BEST Behavior Management System I’ve Ever Seen
- Joseph Kuzior, Brian Sugerman Rittman Elementary School
- Class Dojo - Link - Create your class(es) and account at classdojo.com. Add students, modify and create positive and negative behaviors. Provide login for students and their parents. Students can customize their Avatar, keep track of their points. Teachers can assign points from the website or use the iOS app. Generate reports for parents via email or private code
- IPEVO Wireless Station for iPad and USB Document Cameras $69
- IPEVO Whiteboard - Link - Whiteboard software for your iPad. Work with an existing image or live images wirelessly from your Zigi or P2V camera. Annotate the image using the whiteboard tools. Save a snapshot to your camera roll.
- Eric C
- Minecraft - Link - Michelle King, teacher, The Environmental Charter School - http://failforward.weebly.com/ - www.sitehoover.com/minecraft Most problems in real life are not linear, so we need to try to provide more non-linear, creative, learning options for students.
- OETCx - http://oetcx.com/ - The unconference - Great way for attendees to share and interact in more natural ways.
- Andrew Ng - Link - Director, Stanford Artificial Intelligence Lab - Coursera - Education should be helping students to achieve, not telling them what grade level student they are. Give them opportunity to retry until they master the material. Mastery should be the constant. Time to master should be the variable. Plus crowd-sourcing of peer grading. Be sure to watch the recorded keynote!
- iLearnOhio - http://ilearnohio.org - Free standards aligned resources, LMS, lesson builder, assessment builder, course builder, parent portal. Optional premium courses for a cost.
- Eric G
- Gmail and Google Apps Security by Eric Curts
- Roger Minier, Ph.D.- Discover an implementation model that helps YOUR 1:1 technology implementation improve student performance. From initial needs assessments through community involvement, teacher professional development, distribution of equipment (or BYO), district policies and evaluation, this session outlines key strategies step-by-step. Participants should have a background in the research and best-practice of 1:1 / BYO, or have attended “1:1 and BYO: What Works, What does not?”
- Read&Write for Google Docs™ - Great extension for Google Chromebook that will read and highlight your text in a Google Doc word for word. Great use case for troubled readers. The company will soon be adding predictive text to this tool for an even better experience
- The Lenovo Chromebook - Thanks to CDWG for the use of their Lenovo Chromebook - Watch the show for the details on whe we think of Lenovo’s first run at a Google Chromebook.
- Reflector App - Great replacement for the Apple TV if you don't have a projector that supports HDMI - Link
- February 23rd- Chrome Web Apps