Summary: In this episode we talk about our favorite educational Chrome web apps and extensions.
Watch Video Episode Online:
Listen to Audio Episode Online: MP3 link
Show Notes (click "Read more" to see full show notes if they are not already displayed below.)
- Sean Beavers: email@example.com
- Eric Curts: www.ericcurts.com
- Eric Griffith: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ivan Nieves: Instructional Solutions Architect, Concord Academy. Google Certified Teacher, Apple Distinguished Educator. Twitter: @ivannieves
Main Topic: Chrome Web Apps and Extensions
- EasyBib Tools Extension - Link - Check the validity of any source on the Internet. Add citations in MLA or APA style with just a few clicks. Export your bibliography to Google Drive.
Lazarus Form Recovery Extension - Link - Save all of your online form data for up to 14 days. If you accidentally close a tab, lose your Internet connection, or erase what you’re typing; simply click the Lazarus icon within the form field and automatically re-populate all fields.
- GeoGebra - Link - GeoGebraTube is the official repository of GeoGebra constructions and GeoGebra related resources.
- Tab Scissors - Link - This simple tab organization tool divides one window into two.
- Pocket - Link - When you find something on the web that you want to view later, put it in Pocket. It automatically syncs to your phone, tablet or computer so you can view it at any time, even without an internet connection.
- Drive Template Gallery - Link - You can use the Google Drive Template Gallery to create your document, spreadsheet, presentation, or form. Whether you need a resume and cover letter, an invoice, a birthday card, or any of a wide variety of templates, our gallery can help you get your doc started.
- Progress Bar Timer - Link - Great alternative for all those non digital timers and scoreboards
- Webcam Toy - Link- I use this with my IPEVO Doc Camera, Take photos with your webcam using over 70 free fun effects. Save photos to your computer and post to Twitter or Facebook!
- Gantter - Link -FREE Enterprise web-based project scheduling app that works with Google Drive and also allows you to open and edit MS Project files.
- PDFzen - Link - PDFzen will always be free to markup, share and collaborate on documents. No strings attached.
- Realtimeboard.com - Link - Its Prezi like interactive board for Google Drive. The app provides you with an endless whiteboard where you collaborate in real time visually and freely, with no limitations. Add images and documents from your device, the web or Google Drive. With markup tools and mini-chats work on your projects and discuss in real time. Access the app wherever you are. That’s extremely helpful for business, education as well as everyday life.
- Hojoki -Link - Hojoki is a web application that lets you connect a number of different cloud services, and consolidate activity streams. You can create virtual "workspaces," wherein you identify particular assets that you are sharing with other people. A good usage example is that for a project you might share a Dropbox Folder, a Google Drive folder, A Google Calendar, and an Evernote Notebook. Every time a co-worker adds and changes a document, uploads a file, or clips a note, you will see a notification on the Activity Feed for the Project. You can create tasks, comment of actions, and open the files directly by clicking on them.
- Jolidrive - Link - Jolidrive is a web service that lets you collect all the content you create in a variety of online locations into one spot. Add Social Networking sites, File Storage apps, photo & music sharing sites into one easy to access place.
- Ohio Speak Up Webinar Series - Link - Series of webinars provided insight into Ohio and national results of the annual Speak Up survey.
- Online and Blended Learning 3/18 @11am
- Mobile Learning and Social Media Use 4/2 1pm
- Digital Content within Instruction 4/11 1pm
- PARCC Assessment Administration Guidance Released - Link
- Contribute Technology Integration Ideas to the Model Curriculum - Link - Help ODE’s Office of Curriculum and Assessment incorporate resources and strategies for technology integration directly into the model curriculum. The ODE is interested in learning specific ways you have integrated technology to support instruction.
- Innovation Mixer - Link - ITSCO and Metropolitan Educational Council are co-hosting a free Innovation Mixer April 24th at 5:3pm at J. Liu’s in Worthington. The event includes food and refreshments, networking, and brief presentations by educators and business leaders.
- 2013 NEOTech Conference - Link- March 19th
- Ohio Google Apps Summit - Link - May 13th & 14th
- Sean: Mailbox for iOS - Link - Mailbox is a completely redesigned inbox that makes email light, fast, and mobile-friendly. Quickly swipe messages to your archive or trash. Scan an entire conversation at once with chat-like organization. Snooze emails until later with the tap of a button — they’ll return to your inbox automatically so you can focus on what's important now.
- Eric C: DeskCycle - Link - The DeskCycle makes it easy to get safe and effective exercise while working at your desk. It's the only bike that was specifically designed for this purpose.
- Eric G: Kraken A.M.S. Case for Apple iPad 2/iPad 3/iPad 4th Generation - Link - Kraken A.M.S. case for tablets consists of an impact-resistant silicone inner layer, covered by a hardened polycarbonate outer-casing, with a built-in screen protector, to provide maximum protection. Kraken A.M.S. case includes an attachment port that supports a twist-and-lock feature to securely fit a variety of A.M.S. tablet attachments, allowing you to use your device to its full potential.