The State of Tech - Episode 031 - "Formative Assessments and Polls"
Summary: In this episode we talk about free formative assessments and polls for your organization. Sean, Eric and TJ demo their favorite web based assessment tools.
Watch Video Episode Online:
Listen to Audio Episode Online: MP3 link
Show Notes (click "Read more" to see full show notes if they are not already displayed below.)
- Sean Beavers: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eric Griffith: email@example.com
- TJ Houston: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Why formative assessments are important Link
Formative Assessments and Polls
All of the solutions presented today will work for one or more of these Categories
- BYOD/BYOT Solution
- One to One Solution
- Internal or District Solution
- Parent Communication Solution
- Poll Everywhere is a simple application that works well for live audiences using mobile devices like phones. People participate by visiting a fast mobile-friendly web page for your event, sending text messages, or using Twitter. Instructions are displayed on-screen. The poll that is embedded within the presentation or web page will update in real time. Advanced uses include texting comments to a presentation, texting questions to a presenter, web voting, and SMS interactivity in print, radio, and TV.
- This service will work for all the above solutions.
- Quick Exercises
- Exit Tickets
- Cross Platform
- Limited to 30 students per session
- PDF performance reports
- 50mb of storage, up to 20mb per lesson
- Nearpod presentations can include video, images for annotation, quizzes, polls, webpage
- QuestBase is a free, cross-platform application that provides everything you need to create and manage your assessments, tests, quizzes and exams, both on-line and printed. Designed as a training and learning tool, QuestBase can also be used for selection tests, psychological tests, satisfaction and opinion surveys, market researches and customer feedback.
- Register for OETC Learning in Ohio Educational Technology Conference Jan 27-29 2014 $95 for 1 day - $155 for 2 days - $230 for 3 Days Link
- Digital Learning Day in Ohio - February 5, 2014 Join educators throughout Ohio as we celebrate Ohio history on Digital Learning Day, February 5, 2014. During the month of November, visit ohiodld.org for Digital Learning Day resources, lesson plans and events offering opportunities for you to be a part of this record-breaking day.
- MiGoogle Conference Pre-Conference Workshops start November 4th Official Conference Workshops Starts on November 5th, Link
- Speak Up Ohio Surveys start OCT 2Participate in Speak Up 2013 and learn what K-12 students, educators, and parents have to say about educational uses of technology: All Ohio schools have been pre-registered. Online surveys will be open from October 2nd through December 20th, 2013. Every K-12 school and district is eligible to participate in Speak Up. Surveys and reports are available to participating schools and districts free of charge. All information is 100% confidential. Contact Sandy Paxton at email@example.com, 614-728-8860 or Jenny Hostert at firstname.lastname@example.org, 949-609-4660x17. Visit the Ohio Speak Up page to learn more and to access the survey!
Awesome Thing of the Week:
- Sean: Form+: Create forms and surveys that allow individuals to upload files to your Drive. Link
- Eric G: Acer C720 Chromebook Link
- TJ: USB on the Go Cable Link
- The Teacher’s Guide to Polling in the Classroom - Link
- Cybrary Man- Link
- 12 Digital Tools to Implement Exit Slips - Link